BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

I'm sorry for the lack of posts recently, it's been a very busy week here.  Everything is winding down from the Vorbereitungskurs.  We took a trip yesterday to the Fränkische Schweiz (which I promise I will update about later).  And now I'm just preparing for Prague.  Trip planning is hard!  I really don't know how Lair plans those big trips.  I'm exhausted from just planning for three days.

This morning I did something unusual, for me anyway.  I went to church!  I got up bright and early and met some friends down town.  We attended Easter mass at the cathedral in town.  It is 800 years old.  We were unable to get seats, so we stood on the stairs.  An old man told us we could come higher up near him because ,,he wanted us as his neighbors."  At first I thought he was just being a sweet old man, letting us know there was more room on the stairs.  Then he continued talking to me, kissed my hand and kept asking me to come closer and sit down.  It was creepy.  He also kept telling everyone around us that I was American and couldn't understand German, but I could understand him...so yeah.  I spent the majority of the service moving away from him slowly.  I succeeded.  What a creeper.

The service itself was very interesting.  I'm glad I got to witness a German Catholic service, especially on Easter.  It's so interesting to watch--all of the tradition and ceremony.  They had an enormous choir, a boys choir and an orchestra as well as an organ.  The music was beautiful, definitely my favorite part of the service.  I'm glad I got to go, even though my feet are killing me from standing most of the time.  Ouch!

Bis Bald,
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment