BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Referat

Today I did my presentation (Referat).  The project was to give a ten minute presentation on anything, other than the tourist attractions of your home.  We had to have a handout for the class and next week there is a four page paper on the topic due.  (I'm leaving that sentence as is, as it is very German of me to put use "is" and put the verb at the end, I tell you people, I'm forgetting English)  Ever my parent's child, I chose romantic composers as my topic.  I spoke about Schubert and Brahms, I included musical clips and everything.

I was very nervous because I was presenting during the second class of the day and our second professor is less patient and understanding than our first professor.  Of course the projector would not hook up to my computer, so then I had to do my powerpoint from a table and no one could see it.  I was very nervous, and expected not to get good comments afterward.  Surprisingly Uta (our professor) told me she thought it was good.  She liked that I included sound clips because no one is really in to classical music, so they didn't know what I was talking about.  She said I had good pronunciation and phonetics (I'm quiet in class and she said that was the first time she'd really heard me speak), that my grammar was good and my presentation was well structured.  Her only criticism was one or two grammar points and she said she wants me to learn to speak more freely and rely less on notes.

I am happy and hope that I get a good Note (grade).  It should also be noted that I've started to capitalize my nouns in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment