Well Folks, it seems that food is the most important thing that's happened to me in Germany so far, considering how often I've blogged about it.
Turns out I'm quite the cook when it comes to stove top cooking (I have two small hot plate like eyes and my roommate has a pot and a pan which I sincerely hope she doesn't mind my using). Yesterday I sauteed chicken, onion, garlic and celery in olive oil, put it over brown rice and squeezed fresh lemon on top. Tonight I simmered chicken, onion and celery in marinara sauce and put it over whole week pasta. Both dishes were very good and healthy, too! Considering how tiny my refrigerator and cabinet are and the lack of real groceries in my apartment (I have: chicken, celery, lemon, garlic, onion, noodles, rice, bread, mustard, turkey lunch mean, cheese, müsli, coffee and milk). Hopefully I'll get more creative in the future, but so far I think I've done well for myself! Oh and of course the after dinner chocolate, have I mentioned how delicious chocolate is in Germany? 10 times better than that which you have in America.
Bis Bald,
Martha
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment