For the Summer semester of 2010—because in Germany they have Winter and Summer semesters, instead of Fall and Spring—I’ll be studying at Otto-Friedrich Universität Bamberg (in Bamberg, Germany).
No, I have not left yet. Apparently some people think I’m gone, I’m not.
To begin with, my departure date. I’ve finally booked tickets! It was tough, because I don’t actually know when I’ll be able to come home—they’ve given us a very vague exam period (1-3 weeks at the beginning of August). I leave home at 6pm on March 6th and arrive in Frankfurt at 11am local time. Then I’ll hop the train to Bamberg. As of now I’m scheduled to leave Frankfurt on August 8th, subject to change.
For the time being, I’m just trying to get my life together and get ready. I’m still waiting on information about housing. They said they’d let us know in January, but here it is the end of January and I’ve heard nothing. I really hope they let me know soon, because I’m getting nervous. I also really need to get my Visa, I just really hate paperwork.
So that's that. Chances are, I'm not going to update until much closer to departure.


No comments:
Post a Comment